PostedApril 11, 2017
One of America’s most highly regarded classical music stations; KING FM has been delivering great classical music to the Pacific Northwest since its founding by broadcasting pioneer Dorothy Stimson Bullitt in 1948. Now reaching over 300,000 listeners per week, KING FM has always been at the forefront of technology, programming, and community service in classical music.
Classical KING FM 98.1 is seeking a dynamic individual to join our team as the head of its Programming Department. The successful candidate will have a thorough knowledge of classical music, a firm grasp of today’s media landscape, a record of leadership, and the ability to manage all aspects of the station’s programming.
- On-air work as needed, including pledge drives
- Oversee / coach / develop on-air staff
- Manage operations, contracts, budget, and records as required by FCC, IRS, CPB and other agencies
- Create and execute a plan for gaining and retaining listeners, both online and terrestrial
- Manage / direct / produce on-air fundraising campaigns
- Collaborate with management team in formulating short-term and long-term plans
- Assist in the planning / organization / execution of special events
- Represent the station at outside events
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Experience
- 5 years of combined education / experience in Radio Hosting / Programming
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- A comprehensive knowledge of classical music, its history, styles and performers
- A proven self-starter, manager and achiever
- Excellent organizational and communications skills
- Knowledge of MusicMaster software a plus
- Experience with design software, especially Microsoft Suite, Adobe Creative Suite a plus
We offer attractive, competitive compensation and benefits including, medical, vision and dental coverage, Life and LTD, paid vacation, personal and sick time, 401K and an EAP program.
Send resume, references and cover letter to:
Human Resources, Classic Radio Inc, 10 Harrison St, Ste 100, Seattle WA 98109 or email email@example.com
Classical KING FM 98.1 is an equal opportunity employer