PostedMay 11, 2017
Reporter/Producer wanted for major market public radio/TV stations. Primary responsibilities include in-depth reporting and analysis of issues and policy affecting the region and the state. The selected candidate may be asked to focus on an education or business beat.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated evidence of excellence in research, interviewing, writing and reporting and be able to distill complex material creatively. We expect our reporters to file frequently for Ohio’s public radio network, for NPR, Marketplace and other national outlets. Three plus years of progressive professional journalism experience required; radio reporting and production experience or multimedia journalism preferred.
ideastream, Northeast Ohio’s innovative multiple media organization, owns and operates one public TV and two public radio stations. Located in Playhouse Square, Cleveland’s vibrant theatre district, this organization is situated in a diverse, stimulating, and creative area. Cleveland is on the rise and has a small town feel with big city amenities and culture.
Essential duties and responsibilities: Research, develop, investigate and gather news and information to produce stories for programs, newscasts, podcasts and websites. Report breaking news, short daily news, in-depth and enterprise stories. Meets all deadlines. Write scripts.
- Present live or recorded material for broadcast on all multi-media platforms including voice-overs and on-camera presentations in the field and in studio.
- Perform creative enterprise: determine a story’s length, emphasis, perspective and format and organize material accordingly. Determine program content and treatment. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Participate in editorial meetings, identify and generate story and show ideas.
- May operate on-air and production equipment.
- Gather, edit, and mix audio and video
- Organize and maintain journalistic data and files.
- Establish and maintain effective news sources and community contacts.
- Perform Producer duties such as: Plan, organize and produce stories and interviews and production elements on multiple platforms. May include pitching story, segment and show ideas and proposals, researching, field producing, production design.
- Substitute host as needed.
- Participate in collaborations with other media.
- Participate in on-air fundraising as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.