DIGITAL ENGAGEMENT PRODUCER
PostedJuly 5, 2017
About the Position:
NPHR is seeking someone with unbridled enthusiasm for social media, journalism, and emerging storytelling platforms to work within its news and content team.
The successful applicant will have journalism experience and be well-versed in the use of all mainstream social media platforms as necessary tools to share content and grow audiences. He or she will also have experience crafting newsletters and blogs; demonstrable familiarity with newer, emerging, and fringe social platforms; and ideas about how NHPR can leverage digital platforms so that its content can make the biggest impact.
The applicant will also show a keen interest in a position where constant learning and experimentation is embraced and expected, possess sharp news judgment, have superior writing ability (mechanics and voice), be able to make good news decisions quickly, and execute ideas against high-pressure deadlines. He or she will also come to work every day with an eye toward getting our best work in front of the right people, whether they be existing public radio fans or communities outside of our current reach.
This position reports to the Digital Director, and will work closely with News and Program content-makers and NHPR’s marketing team.
We are New Hampshire’s independent and trusted source for news and information, and the state’s largest radio news service. Based in Concord, the state’s capital and political hub, NHPR’s newsroom, digital team, and original programs consistently earn national recognition for their in-depth reporting and production. NHPR is the winner of the 2015 and 2017 national Edward R. Murrow Award for overall excellence.
- Posting and scheduling news and program content to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Editing and posting news and program content to NHPR’s website; assisting with management of NHPR’s CMS and homepage
- Broadcasting NHPR news and program content via live social video
- Curating NHPR news and program content in blogs, social posts, podcasts, and email newsletters
- Experimenting with emerging technology and social/digital platforms to develop best practices that can be adapted across the content organization
- Creating video, 360, photographic, and infographic content for social media, blogs, newsletters, and stories
- Supporting and supplementing digital work created by the newsroom and program teams, including special live-blog events
- Helping to develop the digital skills of reporters and producers on news and program teams
- Creating digital and social content that “pulls back the curtain” on NHPR’s journalism and community mission
- Growing and measuring NHPR’s social media and online audiences
- Participating in/supporting digital and social media strategy around fund drives, marketing, events, and development
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of two years managing social media accounts for a newsroom or media outlet
- Demonstrated news judgment (policy and politics experience are a plus)
- Experience editing photos, audio, and video
- Working knowledge of HTML and web-based content creation platforms (i.e. Infogram, ThinkLink) desirable
- Working knowledge of social insights tools and Google Analytics
- Working knowledge of New Hampshire and its news environment is desirable
- Technologically versatile with willingness to expand skills
- Good organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Valid driver’s license and transportation required
- B.A. in a related field or the equivalent.
NHPR is an equal opportunity employer