Director of Content Promotions, Fundraising & Audience Development
PostedFebruary 6, 2018
A thriving, mission-driven multimedia organization, NPR produces award-winning news, information, and music programming in partnership with hundreds of independent public radio stations across the nation. NPR listeners value information, creativity, curiosity, and social responsibility – our employees do, too. We are innovators and leaders in diverse fields, from journalism and digital media to IT and development. Every day, our employees and member stations touch the lives of millions worldwide.
Help us grow our audience and shape the sound of the NPR network. We need a forward-thinking, creative, organized leader to drive audience growth through promotional, fundraising and sponsor messages and campaigns. We are looking for someone who is great at enticing audiences to tune in and enjoy NPR’s groundbreaking journalism and storytelling.
- Create and execute promotional campaigns to support editorial initiatives across all network assets including radio, digital and podcasting. All promotional material should meet or exceed network expectations for production values, compelling delivery and effective messaging.
- Oversee strategy and execution of captivating, memorable fundraising materials NPR provides to stations, with particular attention to what will be most helpful to stations in their fundraising drives.
- Own the strategy and execution of on-air funding credits for the network, featuring best in class talent.
- Keeps on top of industry trends and shapes initiatives in a way that is responsive to the way people are engaging with media.
- Effectively recruits, manages and develops staff
- Partner with others in the organization to develop strategies and tactics that diversify, grow and engage audiences
- Be an evangelist for best practices in programming formatics, promotions and fundraising opportunities across all platforms.
- Develops and leads partnership ideas that drive new audience growth and revenue opportunities while maintaining NPR’s ethics and guidelines.
- Integrates work with other NPR departments including Member Partnership, Marketing & Branding, Digital Media, Development, Audio Engineering, Information Technology, News, and Audience Insight.
- 8+ years of experience
- Wants to find innovative ways to drive listening and engagement to content in the myriad ways audiences connect, including radio, podcasting, digital, and smart speakers.
- Has a compelling vision for how promotions, fundraising and sponsor messages can lift a radio station’s sound and drive audience loyalty and engagement. Understands radio best practices.
- Has a track record of creating campaigns and delivering projects with a strong sense of purpose and measurable outcomes.
- Has experience managing content production flow from start to finish.
- Is able to shine in a complex, fast-paced work environment with many stakeholders and collaborators.
- Loves language and the ability to communicate messages that stick
- Has strong organizational skills
- Reports to the VP of Programming and Audience Development, and works closely with leadership of the Marketing, Member partnerships, Sales, and News divisions.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.