Assistant to the General Manager, WXPN
PostedOctober 19, 2022
WXPN Assistant to the General Manager
WXPN, a public radio station offered as a service of the University of Pennsylvania, invites applications for the position of Assistant to the General Manager (Hybrid Eligible).
The Assistant to the General Manager of WXPN provides high level administrative and project management support to the GM under limited supervision, performing duties with initiative and good judgment. The Assistant will coordinate and manage executive scheduling, ensure the station completes required FCC and CPB filings on time, prepare and organize materials for GM’s meetings. Must interact seamlessly and with a professional demeanor across broad range of individuals and help to foster a collaborative and inclusive culture where ideas are encouraged at all levels by XPN Management.
This position requires working some evening and weekend hours.
- Coordinate and manage executive scheduling. Work directly with the General Manager to support all aspects of their daily work routine. Act as a liaison between the General Manager and WXPN staff, internal University of Pennsylvania colleagues, the WXPN Policy Board, and station members and listeners. Screen, review, prioritize and prepare correspondence for approval. Work independently to obtain and analyze information and data, conduct independent research, and exercise discretion in handling, sorting and discussing confidential information.
- Coordinate and oversee logistics for WXPN Policy Board meetings. Liaison between board members and WXPN executive staff. Ensure compliance with Federal Communications Commission and Corporation for Public Broadcasting policies by posting meeting schedules internally and externally for WXPN Policy Board meetings, documenting, filing and maintaining records and coordinating notification to the public for Board meetings while maintaining records of notification. Attends staff, management and policy board meetings, and records, transcribes and distributes meeting minutes.
- Make travel arrangements for GM, comparing schedules and prices; submits travel expense using Concur; maintains supporting documentation; arranges air or Amtrak travel for industry professionals and guests as needed. Responsible for making purchases defined by GM and within defined spending limits; maintains receipts and submits statements on a monthly basis, including but not limited to board and staff functions, catering, subscriptions and station memberships. Maintains records of all expenses related to travel and entertainment for fiscal year forecasting and budgeting.
- Ensure station compliance with FCC and CPB guidelines and requirements by documenting and maintaining station activities and events logs and narratives. Develop and write annual EEO and CPB reports under the supervision of the Associate General Manager; submit reports as scheduled with the approval of the General Manager. Compile and submit related FCC documents on a as needed.
- Ensure WXPN job openings are posted on careers websites, social media and job boards. Collaborate with hiring managers to ensure completion of required recruitment tracking reports. Participate in job fairs as necessary. Liaison for Job Postings and Records. Posts job openings, files, and maintains records for all job sources and applications as appropriate.
- Create positive experience for NON-COMMvention attendees by serving as main contact and liaison between registrants and event team. Supervise event volunteers. Participate in organizing, coordinating and/or managing station events as team member or key coordinator as needed including but not limited to the annual NON-COMMvention and XPoNential Festival.
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of progressively responsible administrative experience as an office manager or senior administrative assistant, or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Demonstrated proficiency of basic administrative software (Microsoft Office, Adobe, Google Docs, Zoom) and excellent writing and communication skills required
- Must be adept at working independently and maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive matters and documents. Must have proven ability to collaborate with internal staff and external contacts;
- Ability to interact positively with a wide range of skilled professionals, visitors to the station and others while functioning on a variety of levels in the traditional office setting as well as in creative environments required.
- Must be detail oriented and deadline sensitive while multi-tasking with solid organizational and time-management skills
- Familiarity with WXPN helpful
Your application must include a cover letter to be considered for this position.
How to Apply
Formal application for this position MUST be made through the University of Pennsylvania Online Employment System.
Only applications that include BOTH a cover letter and resume will be considered.
Deadline for Applications: November 7, 2022
No phone calls, please.