Managing Editor, Vermont Edition
PostedMay 15, 2017
The Managing Editor for Vermont Edition is responsible for leading and maintaining an essential, high quality and compelling news magazine for broadcast, on-demand, and digital platforms.
The Managing Editor is an innovator and actively engages with VPR’s strategic planning vision, purpose and initiatives, aligning Vermont Edition programming to fulfill the strategic plan with daily and long-term planning.
Guides program producers and helps conceptualize and create program segments designed for broadcast and digital audiences. Brings emphasis to new audiences, real people, diverse guests, audience involvement, and shareable content.
Oversees budgeting, staff development and resource allocation.
May be responsible for special broadcasts and breaking news events, integrates with newscast reporting, and adapts program to breaking news events as needed.
Contributes to the general management of the station as a member of the VPR management team.
● Leads production of daily news magazine
● Participates in identifying and carrying out strategic plan outcomes for broadcast and digital audiences
● Supervises program producers
● Takes leading role in special coverage news projects
● Actively contributes as member of content supervisors team