Fill-In Host/Producer, KMHD Jazz Radio
PostedSeptember 3, 2019
KMHD Jazz Radio is looking for a Fill-In Host/Producer. KMHD Jazz Radio is a partnership between Mt. Hood Community College and OPB. This hourly, non-exempt position is a part-time, temporary status position.
The KMHD Fill-In Host/Producer serves as a substitute to the primary host(s) during daytime music shifts, as needed. Additionally, this position programs and voice tracks a weekday music shift, as coordinated with the Program Director, typically 3 – 4 hours a week. The Fill-in host assists with membership drives live on-air and serves as a representative at select KMHD events.
This position works in KMHD’s studios at OPB and is on air, time(s)/days to be determined with KMHD’s Program Director, typically 3 to 4 hours a week during the 7 to 10am or 3 to 6pm weekday shifts. Most work is done in the office, studio, or other indoor locations. Occasional work is done offsite. Moving equipment of up to 40 pounds may be needed.
- Experience as radio on-air talent.
- Authentic and engaging on-air scripted and non-scripted skills.
- Strong knowledge of jazz history and knowledge of funk, soul, R&B, world, and hip hop, as they relate to jazz.
- Must be proficient in the operation of broadcast equipment.
- Fluent use of standard computer software tools in business applications.
- Ability to work with digital audio libraries and office computer software.
- Ability to work alone and with a team.
- Effective under pressure.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to serve as a representative of KMHD.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of OPB and for the role of public media in a changing media environment.
- Experience MCing and DJing at public events.
- Public radio broadcast experience.
Click HERE to apply.
This position is open until filled.