Digital News and Engagement Editor
PostedMay 17, 2019
Make an impact on the community. Work with a team of smart, collaborative colleagues.
WFAE, an award-winning public radio station serving the Charlotte region for more than 35 years, seeks a Digital News and Engagement Editor to report, curate and produce digital content, manage our social media accounts, and build community engagement. You will be working with a team of journalists and other media professionals who are passionate about creating journalism that informs, enriches and inspires our local community. We work hard, have lots of fun and support each other in reaching our goals.
The ideal candidate will have experience reporting and editing on deadline, and producing content and packages for digital platforms. Candidates also must be adept at working with a variety of publishing and editing tools.
There are two positions available for this role, each requires one weekend work day. In addition, one shift will cover early weekday mornings and the other will cover weekday afternoon/evenings. This job is located in Charlotte, N.C.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Updating wfae.org and social media platforms
- Creating daily newsletters
- Crafting daily news budgets
- Contributing to programming, such as Morning Edition, All Things Considered, daily newscasts and podcasts
- Reporting, writing, curating or creating daily news content, interactives, multimedia content
- Working with reporters to create digital content packages
- Utilizing listening tools to create content
- Developing online news packages and sections
- Assisting with community engagement initiatives
- Light photo editing
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong news judgment
- Strong writing, editing and communication skills
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience working with content management systems
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience promoting content and engaging audiences through social and other online platforms
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Send your resume and cover letter and supporting application materials such as audio, writing samples and links to firstname.lastname@example.org with Digital News and Engagement Editor in the subject line. Please include your salary requirements in your cover letter in order for us to consider your application.
WFAE is a community-licensed public radio station that has served the Charlotte region for more than 35 years. Our newsroom has won 19 regional Edward R. Murrow Awards in the last four years, two national Murrow Awards in the last three years and a slew of other honors for our broadcast and digital work. Our work is routinely carried on national radio programs such as “Morning Edition,” “All Things Considered” and “Marketplace.”
WFAE is a fast-paced news organization offering an exciting and creative work environment. We look for ambitious and dedicated people ready for challenges. We offer a generous benefit package and competitive compensation.
Our corporate values are important to us. At WFAE, we strive to:
- Exemplify the highest levels of integrity and public trust.
- Serve as a national and industry model of journalistic excellence.
- Be doggedly committed to telling great stories and serving the public.
- Succeed through teamwork, respect and collaboration.
- Include diverse people, voices, thoughts and perspectives at every level of our work.
- Value and reward creativity, curiosity and humor.
- Be bold and take risks in service to journalism and our mission.
- Enter every room with a spirit of generosity and gratitude.
WFAE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.