WHYY serves the Philadelphia region with trusted journalism, eye-opening storytelling and intimate local arts programming. Our curiosity and commitment to this community is what drives our programming. It’s also what drives our hiring.
Below you’ll find an employment opportunity in the fast-paced setting of the Philadelphia region’s leading public media provider. The award-winning professional staff of WHYY sets the bar high in television, radio and online. Whether it’s preparing a program to air or a behind-the-scenes role in support, all positions are vital to continuing—and growing—our impact in our community.
WHYY offers a voice to those not heard, a platform to share everyone’s stories, a foundation to empower early and lifelong learners and a trusted space for unbiased news. Learn more about our Social Responsibility Program. It’s how we live.
About the Role
WHYY is seeking an experienced Part-Time Producer. This position is responsible for producing, planning, researching, booking, writing, assembling and offline editing; the On Stage at Curtis television production. The ideal candidate has hands-on production experience and proficiency with Avid editing. You will collaborate with editorial and social teams to produce promo video and ensure brand consistency. You're able to direct and coach on-camera talent. You have a deep understanding of lighting, audio & general video equipment. You bring flexibility and an open mind to shared projects. You welcome feedback and build efficiencies within your environment. You don't shy away from tackling big ideas and challenges. You know how to create structure within the autonomous nature of your role.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifies production and program objectives.
- Communicates production and program requirements to support technical and production personnel and managers.
- Editing experience a must, with basic knowledge of After Effects a plus.
- Establishes requirements for all graphic material including artwork.
- Writes and/or edits scripts.
- Prepares lighting plots, and camera positioning.
- Surveys and secures remote shooting.
- Plans and implements rehearsals, shooting and editing schedules.
- Prepares outline, formats and rough cuts for approval.
- Researches program subjects
- Directs technical production.
- Plans and accounts for all costs related to the project.
- Selects and interviews acceptable subjects for program.