Social Media Producer
PostedAugust 18, 2022
About the Role
The person in this position helps guide WHYY’s strategy and tactics for social media engagement and marketing throughout the media organization to increase the reach of our content and increase the frequency of engagement with our current audiences.
WHYY is looking for a stellar storyteller to share all the wonderful work being produced including: TV and radio shows, digital video content, news, podcasts, education, community conversations, events and more through media platforms including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and TikTok. Candidate will have experience with paying for posts on the above platforms as well.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work in collaboration with social media producers and contributors in News, Marketing and other departments to help develop a strategy and implement tactics for social media platforms that serve marketing, content distribution and revenue goals.
- Make sure that WHYY maintains a creative and engaging presence on appropriate social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube and other developing outlets.
- Measure reach and engagement across multiple platforms on a monthly basis.
- Improve uniformity of messaging on WHYY’s social platforms through inter-departmental coordination.
- Research best practices on social media platforms to achieve high levels of engagement and sharing.
- Purchase advertising on social media platforms.
- Create social media style guides, best practice manuals, handbooks and protocols and monitor compliance.
- Host ongoing, regular meetings for other dept’s social media contributors to ensure brand, compliance and other consistencies.
- Proofread printed and digital materials.
- Contribute to other marketing needs as assigned.
- Maintain a regular and predictable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Possible nights/weekends
WHYY serves the Philadelphia region with trusted journalism, eye-opening storytelling and intimate local arts programming. Our curiosity and commitment to this community is what drives our programming. It’s also what drives our hiring.
Below you’ll find an employment opportunity in the fast-paced setting of the Philadelphia region’s leading public media provider. The award-winning professional staff of WHYY sets the bar high in television, radio and online. Whether it’s preparing a program to air or a behind-the-scenes role in support, all positions are vital to continuing—and growing—our impact in our community.
WHYY offers a voice to those not heard, a platform to share everyone’s stories, a foundation to empower early and lifelong learners and a trusted space for unbiased news. Learn more about our Social Responsibility Program. It’s how we live.
Education: A bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, communications or other related discipline preferred.
Experience: Two to four years of relevant experience in social media marketing with a solid portfolio of social and digital marketing writing.
Technical Skills: Knowledge of Google Analytics, Social Media dashboard such as Sprout. Multimedia production and/or photography skills a plus.
*Outside of the normal working hours, this role may be required to attend some events on nights/weekends and is considered “on-call” and may require nights/weekends.
*This position is represented by SAG-AFTRA.
*All WHYY employees are required to receive the COVID-19 vaccination. Proof will be required upon hiring.