WTMD ASSISTANT PROGRAM DIRECTOR AND ON-AIR HOST
PostedOctober 24, 2022
WTMD Baltimore is looking for an Assistant Program Director with a deep knowledge of Triple-A or Alternative formats to work with the Program Director to shape Baltimore’s home for Total Music Discovery. As an on-air host you will connect artists to audiences with genuineness and in- depth, knowledge of the artist’s in our library, a sense of Baltimore and its diverse community and populated surroundings. Experience working as a Music Director or Assistant Program Director is desired, as is a sensibility for how the industry functions, including record label relationships, bookings and promotions, working at a monitored station and utilizing different tools to aide in overseeing the output of the station.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with Program Director to optimize station’s performance.
- Assist with live and recorded on-air fundraising.
- Participate in weekly music meetings.
- Direct and optimize all programming elements; assist with administration duties in the Programming Department.
- Provide continuity and direction of the on-air product and sound in a professional, knowledgeable and entertaining way.
- Working at a monitored station and different tools utilized to aide in overseeing the output of the station.
- Serve as on-air host during assigned shifts adhering to all FCC regulations and WTMD standard operation procedures.
- Assist with bookings and promotions.
- Five years on-air experience, in Triple-A or Alternative
- Proficient with music scheduling, Music-Master ideally or Selector.
- Knowledge of FCC broadcast rules and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to use tools to gather and analyze ratings data, make business decisions based on analysis; sound judgment and quality decision-making skills
- Knowledge and appreciation of diverse music genres, familiarity with radio programming in general
- Excellent team leadership and delegation skills, including motivation of staff; can set goals & expectations, provide honest feedback and manage performance
- Ability to influence others, inspire innovation and ensure focus
- Familiarity using social media platforms
- Available for local engagements and WTMD events
- Deep understanding of the Triple-A format, artists, relevance and new music discovery
- A sense of Baltimore and its diverse community and populated surroundings
- Fluent use of standard computer software tools in business applications
- Ability to work in a face-paced environment
Professionalism: Observes work rules and practices covered during the orientation process and practices appropriate conduct as outlined in the Your Public Radio Handbook.
Minorities and women are encouraged to apply. WTMD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position open until filled. No phone calls, please.
WTMD, a part of Your Public Radio, is the most trusted source for music and cultural programming in the region and Baltimore’s home for Total Music Discovery. We believe a rich, vibrant, thriving and diverse music and arts scene can elevate a city and enrich the lives of its residents. With listener support, WTMD strengthens communities and provides unmatched opportunities for Baltimore musicians and artists. WTMD connects artists with audiences through significant and meaningful airplay, live concerts, art openings, film screenings and more.