||WXXI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This policy expressly prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic predisposition, gender identity or expression, carrier status, domestic violence victim status, veteran status or status as a member of any other protected group or activity.
POSITION: Different Radio Host/Producer
REPORTS TO: Radio Program Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, exempt
- Prepare and host daily air shift, including technical operation of Different Radio Master Control, preparation of daily music listings in Music Master, uploading listings to Composer 2, and presenting all program elements (UW, promos, traffic/weather/news etc.) in a personal and conversational style.
- Maintain and regularly update the Different Radio web sites. Create web and social media content that enhances the listener experience.
- Stay connected to the musical life of the local and regional musical community, as well as developments in the national and international music industry.
- Assist with acquiring, reviewing, digitizing and cataloguing music for broadcast.
- Stay abreast of developments in public media, including digital rights, best practices and industry initiatives that address the future of broadcast music.
- Assist with the creation of on-air elements to enhance and grow listening and membership support, including program spots or copy, image spots, and other station-related promotional content.
- Serve as producer/host for special productions and/or remotes as assigned.
- Serve as a station representative at community events as assigned. This may include hosting a station booth at festivals, introducing local music performances at venues and events, etc.
- Assist in the training and development of new on-air employees as assigned.
- Other related divisional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of Triple A music genres, performers and recording companies.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computers, digital file formats, web, and various social media.
- Minimum two years’ experience in AAA, Alternative, or Americana format radio; noncommercial experience is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation, and delivers better business results.