||WXXI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This policy expressly prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic predisposition, gender identity or expression, carrier status, domestic violence victim status, veteran status or status as a member of any other protected group or activity.
POSITION: Different Radio Music Director
REPORTS TO: Radio Program Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, exempt
*Interested candidates must submit audio samples: https://bit.ly/3ZcBv4z resume, and cover letter
- Prepare and host daily air shifts, including technical operation of Different Radio Master Control, preparation of daily music listings in Music Master, uploading listings to Composer 2, and presenting all program elements (UW, promos, traffic/weather/news, etc.) in a personal and conversational style.
- Oversee and update Different Radio music programming to reflect the local and regional musical community's musical life and developments in the national and international music industry. Develop and maintain good working relationships with outside local performance groups, evaluating their benefit to Different Radio broadcast.
- Acquire, review, digitize, and catalog music for broadcast, and coordinate with program hosts through regular music meetings and airchecks.
- Assist programming and news staff in working with the University of Rochester students involved with the UR Radio Club.
- Stay abreast of developments in public media, including digital rights, best practices, and industry initiatives that address the future of broadcast music.
- Work with the programming and promotion staff to create promotional content both on air and online as assigned, including producing air shift spots or copy, image spots, and other station-related promotional content.
- Serve as producer/host for special productions or remotes as assigned.
- Create web and social media content that enhances the listener’s experience.
- Serve as a station representative at community events as assigned: hosting a station booth at festivals, introducing local music performances at venues and events, etc.
- Work with development staff and guest talent during fundraising drives to plan adequate pitch breaks that enhance our programming and maximize potential support.
- Assist with the training and development of new on-air employees as assigned.
- Other related divisional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with minimum three years’ experience in Commercial or NPR Broadcasting
- Thorough knowledge of Triple A music genres, performers and recording companies.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computers, digital file formats, web, and various social media.
- Strong organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
*Interested candidates must submit audio samples, resume, and cover letter